About Me

My photo
I am a first-time Mum to daughter, Lily, born December 2010 and am currently home on maternity leave. Also living in the Zoo with Lily and me is my partner Kai, the Jessie-dog and the Tippy-cat

Monday 11 April 2011

Growing up means letting go.... but she's only 4 months old!!!!

Today was a special day.  It was a day that I marked in Lily's calendar with a sticker.  It was a day that should have made me happy... But instead I cried!  Kai said I'd gone soft, called me daft, and then laughed.  He was right.

It's official.  My little baby isnt a little baby anymore.  She's now a big baby of 4 months old.  Today, she had her first few mouthfuls of baby rice.  Today she is one step closer to not needing me anymore (hence the tears)!

Ok, so maybe this reaction is a little over the top. Maybe it's a little irrational.  And maybe I cant blame it on hormones, but that's how I felt (at 9am this morning).  But tonight, however, I've come to my senses, and see Lily's new breakfast as a wonderful milestone, and hopefully the first of many new ones to come.  My little girl is growing up.

It really is amazing how quickly she is changing.  One day she can't do something, and then just 24 hours later she can.  Sometimes its the littlest thing, like holding a new toy and shoving it in her month, or sitting in the grocery shopping trolly, that makes you realise just how fast the last 16 weeks has gone, and how quickly the next 16 are going to go.  It won't be long before I'm back at work (I can guarentee you the tears about this prospect are genuine and justified!!!!).

The lovely spring weather is finally here, and I hope the next few months will be full of picnics and outings. How cool will it be to sit with my little girl and share a meal (yum, pear puree), sitting in the sun on a red plaid blanket?  I just hope the food stays down better than the milk... it would really be nice for have a left shoulder that doesn't permanently spell like barf!

1 comment:

  1. mmmm.... pureed pears were my favorite!

    Love you and love your blogs - it helps me remember how precious babyhood was with my little boy (who isn't so little anymore, and is about to start "school")...

    ReplyDelete